Tuesday, July 24, 2012

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come." **

Throughout our lives there are special days that we should recognize and celebrate, and one of those days just recently passed in Jonathan and my life. Since this blog is about us, I will indulge and write a bit to commemorate our 1st year as a married couple. July 1, 2011 we both said "I do" aboard the old steamboat, USS Virginia V, on Lake Union in Seattle, WA. This year has flown by and so I shall memorialize the occasion by posting a few pictures from a few special times from our first year.










Honeymoon in Mexico
Friends over on Sunday nights
As we looked back on our first year married, we reminisced on the sweet and the sour moments we experienced. We giggled at some of the things that happened, rolled our eyes at mistakes we made out of stubbornness, felt awe in the blessings that had been sent our way, and thanked God for His tangible presence in every twist and turn we encountered. We realized that even in the sour moments, God's grace provided a sweet conclusion to those bumpy spots on life's road. Not a day has gone by that I don't tell Jonathan how thankful i am to be his wife. I honestly feel like God knew what kind of man I needed to be a wife to and have as a husband. Jonathan is my perfect combination of strengths, weaknesses, and challenges all wrapped into a tall, dark and very handsome man. Daily he acts as my spiritual leader and spurs me on in my pursuit of Christ. He keeps a smile on my face as he performs the monotonous tasks of life with his boyish antics and zest. I love him deeper than I thought was possible and I can't imagine life with out his strong callused hand somewhere right beside mine.
Saturday dates

Visiting with cousins
Harvest Party












In the next year, I look forward to embarking on a dream we had as a dating couple. To go on a missions adventure together. Through our Good News Club in the park we've recently begun to teach lessons together, and I look forward to doing much more of this "working together thing" and fine tuning our capabilities. Again, it's so incredible to see how God matched our strengths to compliment each other.
Thanksgiving with my family
Our 1st Christmas Tree



Finally, I just want to say that there are so many beautiful blessings to those that choose to follow and serve our Risen savior. Following Christ is not just something that we name ourselves (Christians), but its something that is interwoven and "unintanglable" for every aspect of our lives. Living a life of faith can sometimes feel like the adrenaline rush of cliff jumping, but God has never let us crash once into water that was too shallow. He always provides a way to jump into the deep refreshing waters of praise. What an awesome Savior we serve!



A beautiful picture our photographer (and most importantly) our dear friend Erica of Erica j Photography shot of us ONE Year after "I do" :)


**Quote by Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment