Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just to brag a little...


Couldn't resist posting a little note I got to send out to my 2nd grade parents. My 2nd graders have worked so hard this week, and I know I have done my far share as well.

 Please, share in my joy as I celebrate my students' milestones! :)


Hello Parents!
What a week we have just come through! I'm so proud to tell you that 2nd Grade has just successfully graduated from Bar Models in math! The entire class received grades in the A and B range, and my heart couldn't be more proud of the hard work, sweat, and tears they have poured into learning these and getting them down. Truly, this was the climax of all the hard work they have put into learning math this year, and it really paid off!
I want to thank each of you for all the tutoring I know you were doing at home as they came home with these bar models and for all the words of encouragement you spoke into them. Truly, I felt I was teaching a 3rd grade class this week as I watched them use incredible self-control, good time management, and careful reading of all the instructions as we worked through this chapter.
We've been discussing how the Holy Spirit gives us the ability to be all of who we need to be in 2nd grade, and I watched in awe as they allowed Him to give them the help they needed to overcome this challenging week.
Praise the Lord!
Have a Happy (Homework Free) Thursday!
~Mrs. Freeman

My Super Stars working hard on their tests :)

No comments:

Post a Comment