Monday, November 11, 2013

Man of Courage

I would like to honor the most important human in my life in this blog post. This individual just recently celebrated his 30th birthday (even though you'd never guess looking at him :). It might get a little bit sentimental and mushy, but you've been warned now, so no complaining! :-P

When someone in your life repeatedly makes decisions that show remarkable faith and trust in an unseen person while maintaining peace and confidence in life despite obvious uncertainty, it makes you stop and think about the attitudes harbored and choices you yourself make.

I've had the unique privilege and joy of living with and being married to a man just as I've described.

The man I call my husband is unparalleled in integrity and character in every part of his life. He is a true gentleman and the guardian of my heart.

Considering how blind and naive I was (or anyone else is for that matter) when I agreed to marry this man, I can clearly see how the Holy Spirit lead us directly and surely towards each other knowing how rich our lives would become when our worlds combined and took off in a new direction.

So now this boy-crush turned husband of mine now prepares to be a father. Honestly, I married him largely because of my confidence in his ability to be a good father figure (and his dashing good looks*smirk*). Somehow, he has continued to bolster my confidence in his God given ability, and I won't deny my daydreams involving him and our sweet babies.

 He is truly sublime.

Early morning birthday cards and gifts
Such a good sport wearing my makeshift paper-lei
turned crown haha


Reese's Cups Ice Cream blizzard cake
at the request of the birthday-man ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment