Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmastime with Family

Christmastime this year was such an answer to my prayers. We haven't been able to see Jonathan's side of the family for a couple years, so I really was hoping and praying that it could be possible to see them this year. God is so good, and gave us such a precious time together. For the first time in many months, I was able to de-stress from the constant feeling of needing to do more for my job, and completely relax with my in laws.  I have to say how absolutely blessed I am to have such an amazing and beautiful "in law" family. You never really know the family you are marrying until the deed is done, and I am so blessed with the family into which I married.

The first night home, we got to share our discovery of the gender of Baby Freeman. I'm so glad we waited to do it this way too. Sharing that moment with them was absolutely priceless :) Here's a little video of the big moment :)




It was fun to be in the cold for a bit while we were there. We enjoyed getting bundled up to explore the frozen pond with the nephews and the land around my sister-in-law's house.


 On Christmas Eve, we had a family share time. The kids got to perform songs and quote scripture and the adults got to share what God has been doing in our lives. It was such a sweet time of thanksgiving and remembering the true meaning of Christmas.




The day after Christmas, the mister, me, and his parents took the 12 hour drive from Indiana to Kansas to spend some time with his Grandpa Russell. He celebrated his 89th birthday while we were there. We shared with him the news of his next great grandchild being named after him.
 


While we were there, we were able to sort through boxes of our belongings we shipped back in 2012 before we moved to the Island. I have to say, it was just like Christmas morning all over again to see our stuff and even more of a miracle that it survived the shipping process! We picked out a few "essential" box loads to bring back with us to stock our home with.

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas season, and started the New Year with hope in your heart! Much love from us to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment