Sunday, August 26, 2012

First impressions: YWAM, University of the Nations

Thursday night, Mom and Dad took us to University of Nations Thursday night worship service. This was Jonathan and my first time to be on campus, so we were pretty excited to see up close where we will be living for the next 3 months. Currently, they have a DTS undergoing called Awaken, so the campus is very much being used and full of happy campers. From what I understand though, when school starts for us at the end of September there are going to be about double or triple the amount of students that we saw that night.

As far as first impressions go, I've never seen a body of young people so EXCITED to praise and love Jesus as what I witnessed that evening. For just a routine weeknight service, the worship leaders and those in the congregation were sincerely putting their whole heart into this time of praise.
Thursday night worship in the outdoor "Ohana Court"

I was so blessed and overwhelmed with the thought that I get to be a part of this community.

After service was over that evening, Jonathan and I actually got to meet some of the staff on our Community Transformation Team. They'll be heading up the DTS we are on. Super sweet people and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better in the near future.

Being the new kids on the block, I had this amazing sense of peace that we are exactly where God wants us to be. Our God is so faithful! One more month!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you guys! So exciting to hear your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete