Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fun times in the end times

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing to do, but coming together for a good time always holds promise. As we've prepared to leave Hobe Sound, FL we've been able to round up our "Florida family" for some greatly cherished times of fellowship.
Here we were at a ballgame for a friend's birthday. We sure enjoyed ourselves watching the local Jupiter Hammerheads beat the Daytona Cubs.

Momma and her son!

 Jonathan's mom, Theresa, came to visit from Kansas to spend some time with us before we head off into the great unknown of missions work. :) She was with us for just 3 short days, but it was so nice to see her again. 
 We caught a beautiful sunset at the beach with her one night. God really shows us his love in so many lovely ways.

I was able to have my girlfriends over for a girls night. Jonathan was the perfect husband in obliging me the house for the night. We stayed up all night giggling and doing all the typical girls' sleepover stuff.

On a Saturday night, we met our friends at the local Mexican eatery "Rancho Chico" for some super yummy Mexican chow. The evening was full of laughs and good times.
Some of wonderful ladies in my life. They each hold such a special place in my heart.

Beth and Brian Wardlaw. What a wonderful couple and blessing in our lives.

Brian (in the back), Caleb, and my hunny :)

Keri Lyn and I with Cilla's bag, an entity unto its own :)

Keri and Janice. Janice and I graduated together. She is my best advocate and advise giver in all things pertaining education. She is starting her first full time teaching position as a kindergarten teacher.

Yay! Us!

A better pic of Brian aaannd then Caleb.

Kaylyn, Rachel, and Cilla. These ladies have helped me grow so much in my walk with Jesus. They are always so encouraging.

And last group pic: Brian and Jonathan's best man Kyle.
We ended the evening at a friend's house with a classic game of Bananagrams! and a movie.
Ol' Snoozie Q, Erica, here :) Always the life of the party ;)

Pre-game warm up!

Good times =)
Many of our friends have left on a missions trip to London and won't be returning until after we leave, so it was perfect that we were able to squeeze this last little shindig before the dispersing of our SoFlo homies..ah ha. But seriously, it still hasn't officially hit me that we're leaving here in...13... days.. whoa

3 comments:

  1. looks like a blast! I just wish we could have been there to send you off... We are thinking about and praying for you in this next step! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I loved being with you. Thanks for the great time and just know that as you go we are surounding you with our love and prayers and support. All our love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jenny! You were certainly in my thoughts! Theresa, we are so blessed, thank you for your love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete