Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Jubilee

Just in time for Independence Day, my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Steve came to visit us here on the big Island. We had so much fun spending time with him and catching up on life while they were visiting with us. 


Something I've always appreciated about my aunt is her passion for education. She is a principal at an elementary school in Washington, and I have always valued her insight into the current events in the education sphere and her encouragement to me as an educator. More than that though, I have always loved my aunt Michelle for her zest for life and spirit of adventure. She is truly an inspiration to me.


My uncle is such a wonderful and godly man. He has been a prayer warrior and cheerleader for Jonathan and I as we've jumped off the deep end into missions. We are so blessed to have his influence in our lives.



We each had our fair share of scratches stings and other miscellaneous boo-boos while tromping about. For some reason the island turned it's rougher side against us. On a outing to Kua Bay in an idyllic setting where the water was pristine blue and glass  clear a friendly man-of-war jellyfish wrapped his tentacles around my neck leaving quite the mark for the next week.



Of course we saw a rainbow!


This was their first time to the big Island. Last year they had a chance to visit Maui, and they noticed the more rustic feel of this island. They were able to see you so much of this island as there is an incredible amount of diversity in climate and environment based on what part of the island you are on. The Fourth of July was so much fun. We attended the local Kailua-Kona parade downtown right on the waterfront. 



What a happy summer jubilee it was. Thank you Michelle and Steve for your love and prayers! It was an absolutely wonderful week with you. Come back soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment