Sunday, November 18, 2012

An overflow of abundance

My dear friend, Christy, took this a few week
ago when we visited the Volcano National Park

There are so many things to be thankful for. Thankfulness is such an important part of my daily walk with Jesus. There is actually power in an attitude of thanksgiving. It becomes us as we lift our eyes out of the darkness of self-pity and onto the blessings God has sprinkled all over our lives. Ephesians 5:15 says

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

We can make the most of every opportunity by enjoying every moment in life and relishing in all the little blessings God sends our way. This was a beautiful lesson I learned reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. This morning I was so blessed to be able to walk to my parents house with my studly husband. The sky was slightly overcast so the small journey was delightfully cool. When we arrived we made blueberry and banana (handpicked from my parents tree) pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon.  While breakfast was served we ate outside on the lanai and made plans for snorkeling adventures later in the day. What an absolutely abundant morning! But not everyday is like this, of course. Saturdays are such a welcome reprieve from the hectic weekdays, BUT EVEN SO I still can be thankful for a healthy body the Lord has given me to keep up with the vigorous schedule.

I can thank Him that at
7:30am-- I was able to help clean up our own classroom after the 1st 5 weeks were spend in the Ohana Court

8:00am--I basked in the transcendent glory of our Risen Lord in worship and communion for an hour

9:00-12:00pm- David Gava lead our class in our first preaching experiences on the parables Christ told concerning the Kingdom of God...so rich and everything I need for life. Righteousness, Peace, Joy, and the Holy Spirit; this is what makes up the Kingdom of God.

12:00pm--I partook of the delicious and healthy lunch our talented cafeteria crew put on

1:00-3:00pm--More glorious worship to the One who deserves it all and then interceded on behalf of Cambodia's salvation and revival.

3:00-5:00pm--I got to serve this amazing campus by cleaning some really dirty flagpoles and setting them up in preparation for the big Christmas Celebration in a few weeks

5:30pm-- I got MORE food for dinner. Most folks in the world barely get one meal a day!


6:00-8:30pm-- I was educated in a most entertaining manner involving skits, songs, and homemade movies on the 18 Foundational Values of YWAM < You should check this link out to see how YWAM rolls. I'm so blessed to be a part of this God honoring organization!

8:45-9:45-- Find myself in encouraging conversation with another couple living their life, which lead to some amazing revelations of how I can live my life in even more freedom that Christ gives me!

10:45--I kissed my sweet husband goodnight with a happy heart from a full week of full days

The last part of the passage in Eph. 5 from verse 18-20 says,
18b Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This thankfulness gives us joy which gives us a light heart. Conversely, complaining gives us despair resulting in a heavy heart.

Which do you choose? Joy or Despair? You'll never regret thankfulness, I promise :)

Much love to you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment