Monday, April 29, 2013

Breakthrough Weeks Need to be Remembered

(I've had this one sitting in "the vault" for a few weeks. I hesitated to post it for some reason, but the Lord used this tonight to remind me of His goodness, and how He NEVER stops thinking about me. I hope you are encouraged as well :)

What an amazing week we've just come through! My heart is so full of what the Holy Spirit has been doing in me and through me! My faith has been reinforced in some amazing ways and I've really heard God speak to me in ways that I still have a hard time believing because its so radical!

He does ALL things well!

One morning this week I was listening to the the gospel of Luke, and The Lord clearly spoke to me. He told me that I have great faith, but that I must act on that faith and live in a way that puts all my dependence on him alone.

I would say it was a week of breakthrough. This week, my education and training as a teacher was put up against my physical ability to be a teacher in a way that is profitable (let alone making a difference). Each evening I walked home from work this week, I was taken up in the most bizarre swirl of emotions and realizations. First, I was so exhausted this week physically and emotionally. Teaching, I've been realizing, is a job that is physically demanding and emotionally and mentally taxing. Second, I was having the realization that the task I am now involved with is seriously an overwhelming undertaking. This is my first opportunity to do what I've wanted to do all my life! But in that same thought, it's also the first time I've been really given the responsibility to take care of 12  kiddos and ensure that they learn everything they need to this year so they can be successful third graders. That is a heavy weight to bear! The third thing swirling in my mind was that God has called me to this arena of life, and has made it clear that I am to teach at this school for the time being, and that my job is to lean as hard as I can on to Him for the rest of my days. He has given me a calling that I find such INCREDIBLE joy in! Every day goes by so quickly because I am so wrapped up in the joy of what I do.

What an odd pairing of emotions I've never known to walk together before!

To summarize, I am blessed. I am loved. I have been chosen for this that I take on, and I have been equipped to do it well. When I am weak, HE is STRONG!

Thank you, LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment