Monday, April 22, 2013

Casting our net widely

I realize that many of you enjoy reading this blog to sneak a peek of the life Jonathan and I are leading, and that's exactly why I update. After all, what's a blog without readers? I love knowing that we can stay connected through mediums like my blog, as you stay up to speed on the things that are currently playing on the stage of our life.

With that said, it makes no sense as to why I would keep a rather obvious part of our lives hidden. One aspect of our life that has majorly changed is our source of income. We are now considered full time missionaries as Jonathan and I are each working 40+ hours at the university of nations; Jonathan working at CROWN, and myself teaching at the Learning Center). Our income comes from generous donors and folks that have heard The Lord ask them to support us financially. It has certainly been a miracle to watch The Lord provide for us in the past 8 months since we both stopped working our "normal" jobs, and even more of a miracle to feel my heart begin to trust that He would provide for our needs as we work as volunteers as u watch Him do just that. A few of my posts have been about the ways God has interveined in some impossible situations like the way all the steps in moving out here lined up so perfectly, when God returned our lost iPad, how the Lord was protecting us on our move out to Hawaii. Even today, out of the blue one of my student's parent asked me how he and his wife could support us monetarily. I was floored, but so in awe of how God cares for us.

A couple of my second graders :)
So many of you were greatly influential with your donations to God's call on our lives, and I want to say right now that you are some of my greatest inspiration. My and Jonathan's prayer is that we would learn even now how to be "extravagantly generous" with our resources as so many of you have been with us and especially as we have seen the Lord be so gracious to us. We pray that you never cease to see the blessings that come from listening to the Holy Spirit as you follow His will.

For now we are staying with my parents, and until we are given a financial release, they have graciously opened their home to us. Our goal would be to find our own place within the next 6 months, in which we fully believe God will provide for our needs. We are also praying that The Lord would give us a means of transportation in conjunction with a (rented) home to call our own. I have to say, it is so incredibly humbling to be so surrounded by such indescribable generosity.

That's really what this post is about or even how it's possible. We have been so blessed by the way that so many of you have stood up to fill in the gap for our finances and have how that has contributed to the growth of our faith and belief that God cares for each individual one of our needs. We see you as a literal answer to prayer in our daily life. What you have invested in us as missionaries, we have then been able to invest into missions and the furtherance of the spreading of the Gospel. Our hearts are so full as we continue in walking out exactly what God has called us to and seeing how He makes it all possible.

To end this post, I would like to invite you to click on the link below to see what Jonathan has written about our current ministry. This link will also provide a way for you to see how you can continue to support us or if you have not yet decided to do that how you are able to support us. I want to make all these things clear to all who read this blog, so everyone who is interested has a chance to be a part of what we are doing. A point of some interest is that donations are tax-deductible now that we are staff at the University of the Nations. Whatever you choose, I'm so thankful that you have come along with us on my blog to join us on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment