Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A Struggle with Grace: The Introduction


This is the beginning of a long story. It’s nothing very special, but it’s my story. If life is like a patch work quilt,random bits of yarn and fabric sew together in random places, this is how I see the parts of my life attached.
I've been blessed over and over by the lives of my three beautiful children. My pregnancies were medically uneventful and very smooth. Deliveries of each of them were quick, requiring little to no interventions. My firstborn's birth story is actually right here on this blog.

I've had people tell me how strong they see me to be, "What a supermom!" They might be just being kind or trying to be sincerely encouraging, but I need to tell the truth, and get the dirt out from under the rug.


Each pregnancy has brought out my worst and weakest parts. Parts of me that are broken, deceived, not even able to be properly filtered, and better left cropped out of the picture of who I am. I am absolutely pathetic, if I didn't have CONSTANT, NEVER ENDING reminders of who my God is, and how GREATLY he loves me.

Each experience has changed me. I couldn’t know the things I would know the next day, but with each event I’ve experienced, my hope has been that I’ve become wiser and more graceful as time goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment