Thursday, October 24, 2019

That One Time I tried carrying Santa's Toy Bag


Have you ever written a list of everything you’d ever want?


Last year, I was challenged to write out a list of 50 dreams I have for my life. I had never done anything like this, and ended up being able to clearly see some priorities I had to help to me make some important decisions.

But something funny happened to this list. It turned into my imaginary Santa’s Toy Bag, but instead of him carrying it, I started dragging it with me everywhere I went, and into every conversation I had. Worse yet, I didn’t even REALIZE I had this clunky thing with me!

As we press into a life of bravery, we have to be aware of the baggage we are carrying. Do you ever see the hero(ine) in a movie running to the rescue while carrying a monstrous load with them or trying to juggle it while they deal with the “bad guy?”  NO! To experience our life to the fullest, our minds must be clear and our arms empty so we can be ready for whatever comes!

I felt challenged to write out the things I had in my bag, and then give it to someone who can carry it.

Are you carrying anything? Friend, please take time to write it out, and join me by praying the prayer I did.

Jesus, I give you this list of stuff. It’s been a really heavy burden to bear and it’s made me feel so inadequate. It’s defeated me. I don’t want to carry it around anymore, so I’ going to let you have it. Please, give me your good and perfect gifts. Give me strength to be gentle, Give me patience to be living. Give me joy so I can fully live.

Ain't nobody got time fo' baggage!
I felt a tangible lightening of my load when I gave it away. Oh the joy! I can be sure that my heavenly father has good things for me. 


I Corinthians 2:9 says, ‘What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him,” and there’s no way I wanna miss all that for a bag of junk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment