Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Why Is this Post Here?

It's been some time since I've shared in this forum, but the time has come to return again and I surge forward with conviction and anticipation. Let me explain...

Who am I now?


Sometimes the best way to feel familiar with a person is to know where they are heading, to learn what their intended destination is. Here are a few clues that I can provide.. they are a bit lofty and perhaps even too "ambitious" to make reading further unbearable, but nonetheless it's generally what I have installed as a compass and guide for how I attempt to proceed.

My Dream:
To make the world a better place

My Hope:
To be inspirational and encouraging 

Daily Ambition:
To become better than I was the day before, loving those in my path well, listening well, and taking appropriate action when needed


The troublesome and tiring REALITY is that I completely fail in these ideals everyday. Truth is, I'm not sure why I don't LOWER the bar so at least I could claim some level of success throughout a day. Call me a hopeless optimist, but I just can't shake 'em.

So why am I back on the blog?


Well, earlier this summer I started a project and then ended up leaving it kinda just "hanging." But the truth is I'm still in the process of figuring out the next steps.
Basically, I started readed a book called 100 Days to Brave by Annie F. Downs on Facebook Live. It started as me just reading a day at a time, but then the videos morphed into what that day's reading was speaking to me personally. And then I hit "the wall." In my quest to become "brave" I lost courage, because I had caught a glimpse of who I am that I didn't like. It was a view of myself I didn't want the world to see, so frankly, I've been hiding..playing the part of the coward, wrestling with this idea for the past 3 months. How do I overcome this dragon to my courage while being true to myself in the process?

So here I am. Stepping out of the shadows, putting down my phone, and publically wrestling with this issue of bravery and real life.

Follow only if you dare...

No comments:

Post a Comment